Kelly on O'Reilly: Abuse, shaming of women has to stop

Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly dismisses NYT report as 'lies and smears'

"However, O'Reilly's suggestion that no one ever complained about his behavior is false. I would no longer make the allegations contained in the draft complaint".

The New York Times reported over the weekend that former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly was signed to a contract extention by 21st Century Fox after he reached a $32 million sexual harassment settlement with longtime network analyst Lis Wiehl.

According to the Times' report, Wiehl alleged that O'Reilly engaged in "a nonconsensual sexual relationship" with her, repeatedly harassed her, and messaged her sexually explicit material, including gay pornography. That morning, O'Reilly had been a guest on CBS This Morning, and when asked about the allegations of sexual harassment against network chief Roger Ailes Kelly leveled in her memoir, Settle for More, O'Reilly responded, "I want to be very candid here: I'm not that interested in this..."

The Times' audio of their interview with O'Reilly was released several days after The Times reported that O'Reilly settled a new sexual harassment claim for a record $32 million in January, a month before Fox News' parent company, 21st Century Fox, renewed O'Reilly's contract.

"Perhaps it's his own history of harassment of women which has, as you both know, resulted in payouts to more than one woman, including recently, that blinded him to the folly of saying anything other than 'I am just so sorry for the women of this company who never should have had to go through that, '" Kelly said in an excerpt of the newly released email. "They stay silent so often out of fear". By 8:00 p.m., O'Reilly had apparently been dealt with. He died this May. And today's latest battle sees the former Fox News host Megyn Kelly hit her former employer hard from a 30 Rock NBC studio she now calls home, and now her husband, writer Douglas Brunt, entering the fray. And though she says she was told O'Reilly had been dealt with, he then repeated similar statements on The O'Reilly Factor that evening. He was let go in April after mounting pressure to drop him amid reports he'd settled five lawsuits for a combined $13 million.

Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson East reveals her miscarriage woes in heartbreaking video
The video started with Johnson, 25, waiting for pregnancy test results. Cameras roll as Johnson's doctor tells her she had a miscarriage.

Final 'Stranger Things' Season 2 Poster: The New Monster Looms Large
Besides the new poster and soundtracks created by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein of the band S U R V I V E , have been posted on Spotify.

Nintendo Switch is getting Shin Megami Tensei V
With Persona living happily on Sony consoles, it looks like Atlus is set to keep Shin Megami Tensei proper with Nintendo. The game was officially announced during a Shin Megami Tensei HD project livestream on publisher Atlus' YouTube channel .

O'Reilly was sacked in April, after the Times reported that Fox News had paid five women a total of $13 million to keep quiet about harassment allegations.

O'Reilly complained all weekend that he was being "smeared" and wanted to discuss the matter with Steel and Schmidt, so he appeared with them on Monday morning's edition of The Daily (a NY Times podcast) to complain about how very bad this ordeal has been for him.

The company says O'Reilly's new contract had added protections that allowed Fox to dismiss him if other allegations surfaced. Why should women have the American Dream taken away from them?

Huddy is one of half-a-dozen with whom O'Reilly has reportedly settled.

.

Kelly also spoke to Huddy about why women, including her, sign non-disclosure agreements in connection with the settlements, something that prevents women from speaking publicly on the details.

Latest News