Baby wrongly declared dead by Max Hospital passes away

Baby wrongly declared dead by Max Hospital passes away

Baby wrongly declared dead by Max Hospital passes away

A preliminary inquiry report submitted by a Delhi government-appointed three-member panel of doctors to Health Minister Satyendra Kumar Jain on Tuesday revealed that Max didn't follow prescribed medical norms in dealing with newborns.

The newborn who was wrongly declared dead by a private hospital in Delhi passed away on Wednesday. The body was handed over to the parent without written instructions, in a plastic bag.

They were preparing funeral rites for the infant when they felt him start to move around.

Delhi police said they were collecting hospital records for the mother and treatment records for the newborn babies.

An Indian hospital fired two doctors after a baby they pronounced dead woke up on the way to his own funeral.

On Saturday, Jain had said that strict action would be taken against the hospital and if required its licence would be cancelled. The police had registered a case against the Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh. However, just moments before being buried the family had found that the baby was alive.

Cong, BJP equal contenders in Gujarat polls: Opinion poll
The Congress is also hoping to bridge a gap of nearly 9 per cent vote share, the difference that led the BJP to victory in 2012. Of the top posts in the nagar panchayats, the BJP won 100, while the SP won 83 and BSP 45.

Man Acquitted In Kate Steinle Killing Faces Federal Gun And Immigration Charges
On social media, many advocating for the border wall have used #KatesWall as they condemned the acquittal of Garcia Zarate. A jury rejected that charge last week and convicted Garcia Zarate only of being a felon in possession of a gun.

Kroger recalls water for infants after mold contamination — RECALL ALERT
Drinking the mold in the water could affect infants who have HIV or other health conditions that cause a weakened immune system . Purified water sold at Kroger stores across the country, including IN , are also being recalled over mold concerns.

"We tore the packet, there were 2-3 clothes and polythene bags".

The infant, the family fondly called "Champ", was admitted in Aggarwal Nursing Home in Pitampura on November 29 after the family realised he was alive.

The case pertains to the birth of twins (boy and girl) on November 30 and both the babies were declared dead by the Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh. The other baby was stillborn.

"We are shaken and concerned at this rare incident", the hospital said.

The hospital also said it was in constant touch with the parents and ready to extend all support. The doctors had not done ECG tracings before writing the death certificate, India Today reported.

Latest News