The Khmeimim military airport, which hosts the biggest Russian airbase in Syria, was attacked for a second time in a row this week by a drone believed to belong to a faction in the countryside of Latakia, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The Observatory reported more than 40 airstrikes on the suburbs known as eastern Ghouta.
The Syria Civil Defence said Russian jets fired "seismic missiles" on residential areas of Misraba overnight, causing several buildings to collapse.
Russia denied a report in daily newspaper Kommersant that seven Russian planes had been destroyed by rebel shelling at Syria's Hmeymim air base on December 31, the TASS news agency quoted the defense ministry as saying on Thursday.
The Syrian state media reported an operation in Eastern Ghouta was ongoing meant to break the siege of a military site nearby, though it's not clear if the airstrikes were related.
Seven children and 11 women were among those killed, said the head of the war monitor, which relies on a network of sources inside Syria.
YouTube Execs Open Up About Logan Paul's Future on Site
YouTube states that the images in Paul's videos violated its policies, despite pulling the video from his channel on his own. YouTube said Wednesday it is removing Paul from its Google Preferred platform and putting future projects with him on hold.
Novak Djokovic shuns cameras in Melbourne hit-out
Of course, British fans want know if this will be the year when Johanna Konta [25.0] takes a giant leap and wins her first Slam. The former World No 1 took a break from tennis after winning her 23rd Grand Slam at Melbourne a year ago due to her pregnancy.
Trump Just Made Immigration Deal He Wants Harder to Reach
ABRAR: And we have to ultimately deal with whatever they're throwing at us and be careful to respond to whatever it is. President Donald Trump's profane comment about Africa is drawing furious reactions from civil rights organizations.
Medical staff tried to revive a child who had been pulled from the rubble, but without success.
A medical source at the hospital told AFP: "Among the wounded were two women in their 20s".
The deal excludes Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, but other larger rebel groups in eastern Ghouta are part of it.
The United Nations Special Envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura said on Tuesday that the Syrian government had accepted the Russian proposal to stop fighting in the area on November 28-29.
In the single biggest loss of military hardware for Russian Federation since it launched air strikes in Syria in autumn 2015, more than 10 servicemen were wounded in the attack by "radical Islamists", the report said.
Russian Federation says it has carried out a partial withdrawal but it will still keep soldiers and bases in Syria. Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed and more than 10 million others displaced, according to United Nations officials.