A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Hyderabad on Monday acquitted five accused, including Swami Aseemanand, in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case. Verdict came almost eleven years ago, a pipe bomb ripped through the Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad, killing eight people and injuring 58 others. Of the eight people who were charge sheeted, Swami Aseemanand and Bharat Mohanlal Ratneshwar aka Bharat Bhai were out on bail, and three people are still in jail. The attack occurred on 18 May, 2007. Meanwhile, two other accused in the case, Sandeep V Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra, are now missing.
Investigation against another two from the same State, Tejram Parmar and Amith Chowhan, is still continuing.
However, the major twist in the case came in 2010, when Aseemanand, apparently moved by the plight of framed, innocent Muslim men, made a decision to come clean about the role of Hindu extremists in the blast. Two live IEDs were also recovered by police and defused. Subsequently, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) took over the case in 2011.
The powerful blast at the Hyderabad's landmark mosque in the Old City killed 9 people and injured 58 who were offering Friday namaz on May 18, 2007, including 5 people who died in the firing by police to control the mob violence after the blast.
Antonio Conte admits to being 'very angry' with Chelsea FC stars
He keeps saying "I'm trying my best... this is the situation, we try for the fans" but it's the same tone. Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has told his players to play for the badge - if they can't play for him.
Britain says we had to attack Syria, strikes were highly successful
However, May is facing questions over the legality of committing United Kingdom forces to any US -led attack on Syria. He reiterated that Canada condemns the use of chemical weapons in Ghouta.
Woolies check-outs hit by nationwide outage
A woman named Rose, from Hoppers Crossing in Melbourne, told 3AW customers were offered lollies as they were asked to leave. INITIAL: MAYHEM has erupted at Woolworths stores across the Mackay region as a national technical outage shuts down stores.
The fourth additional metropolitan sessions-cum-special court for NIA cases had concluded the trial and last week posted the case to tomorrow for judgement.
Initially registered by Hussaini Alam police, the case was handed over to the CBI after a huge uproar claiming that innocent men were being framed. The CBI filed the charge sheet too.
"#MMasjid Blast case verdict majority of witness turned hostile after June 2014, NIA didn't pursue the case as expected from it /was not allowed by "Political Masters" Qs is what will be left of Criminal Justice system if such biased prosecutions continue Justice has nt been DONE", he wrote.