Saudi footballers to be penalised for loss against Russian Federation

2018 FIFA World Cup

Saudi footballers to be penalised for loss against Russian Federation

The Saudi Arabia Football Federation have said they would punish three of their national team's players following their 5-0 drubbing by Russia at the 2018 World Cup.

The huge tents opened its doors to receive spectators of the global event running from June 14 to July 14.

The British singer performed for 15 minutes before the opening game of the Russia World Cup yesterday.

Organizers prepared three tents that are adapted to receive visitors daily and without any charge, and the main tent takes almost 600 people.

Russia, the lowest ranked team in the tournament have not won a single World Cup match since 2002.

This is Saudi Arabia's fifth World Cup finals tournament and the fifth in which they have failed to win their opening match (drew one, lost four).

Odemwingie Berates Super Eagles’ Performance Against Croatia
Croatia , who were barely extended by their African opponents, now top Group D after Argentina and Iceland drew 1-1 in Moscow earlier on Saturday.

Late header hands Uruguay victory over Egypt
This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. Jose Gimenez scored in the 89th minute to lift the South American nation above their African rivals.

What life is like for Paul Manafort in jail
The 69-year-old Paul Manafort was reportedly engaging in attempted witness tampering while under house arrest awaiting his trial. Manafort is due to go on trial in Washington in September and faces another trial on related charges in Virginia in July.

Confirming the names of the men, he said: "Several players will face a penalty - goalkeeper Abdullah Al-Mayouf, striker Mohammad Al-Sahlawi and defender Omar Hawsawi'". They inexplicably sacked Bert van Marwijk despite a successful campaign and then his successor Edgardo Bauza before the World Cup draw in November.

Saudi sports authority chief Turki al-Sheikh, who is leading the kingdom's multi-billion dollar push for global footballing influence, said he took "full responsibility" for the defeat.

"We paid all their [the players'] dues, and they came to the game without exerting even five percent of the effort needed".

The Saudis face Uruguay on June 20 and Egypt on June 25.

Al-Sheikh also personally apologised to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the heir to the Saudi throne, who watched the game with Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, in his private box.

Al Sheikh was angry over Saudi Arabia's weak performance against Russian Federation.

Latest News