Internet "Hot Water Challenge" severely injures IN teen

15-летний участник Hot Water Challenge попал в больницу с сильнейшими ожогами

Indiana family warns of dangers of 'Hot Water Challenge'

An Indiana teen suffered second degree burns after participating in a very unsafe and foolish online social media challenge.

An Indianapolis, Indiana teenager says he was sleeping last week when his friend poured scalding water on him as a prank, leaving him with second-degree burns, according to FOX 59.

The challenge entails either a person sipping boiling hot water through a straw or getting the boiling water poured directly on them.

The 15-year-old Indianapolis, Ind., native told Fox 59 News this week that the pair had been looking up the "Hot Water Challenge" on YouTube last week when his friend chose to try the internet prank on Clark after he fell asleep.

Told Kyland, 'My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and, on my face'. The young man said that after he and his friend watched the "Hot Water Challenge" on YouTube, he later went to sleep.

The teen was admitted to a local hospital, where he remained under treatment for a week.

Injury-hit Manchester United 'in trouble' for new campaign, says Jose Mourinho
I know the one who are ready for anything, and I know the ones who are not ready". United complete their five-match tour against Real Madrid in Miami on Tuesday.

Don't call dolphin hybrid spotted off Hawaii a 'wholphin'
As the discovery is still very new, additional hybrids-though likely-have not been pinpointed yet. The hybrid wolphin is in the foreground, while the melon-headed whale is in the back.

Meghan Markle's father and half-sister spark backlash online
Harry will be the best man at the wedding and Prince William and Kate Middleton are also attending. Yeah, I had my hopes up that it was The Bachelorette too, but still.

This hashtag means we should think about what is happening to the coral reefs like the rising water temperature So!We suggest a hot Water bucket challenge. For his mother Andrea, it was one of her worst nightmares.

"And then I looked down at my chest".

Dr. Ed Barkus told WXIN it's possible that people who do the challenge could end up with permanent disfigurement due to burns on the body or burns to the airway that could result in death.

Last August, the Inquisitr reported about how unsafe and deadly the challenge known as the "Hot Water Challenge" can be, and at that time there were more than 700 Instagram posts cautioning against trying it out. "Don't take it overboard", the 15-year-old said.

Clark was hospitalized for a week. Kyland's doctors say he should heal and his pigment should be back to normal in a few months. In fact, a child already died a year ago after drinking boiling water as part of the Hot Water Challenge.

Latest News