Pregnant woman served cleaning solution with McDonald's latte

Pregnant Lethbridge mother ingests cleaning chemicals after McDonald’s mix-up

Pregnant woman says was served cleaning solution instead of latte at a McDonald's: report | TheHill

McDonald's is apologizing to a pregnant woman who says she took a sip of her morning latte and tasted cleaning fluid.

CBC reports Sara Douglas of Alberta, Canada was taking her son to a baseball tournament when she stopped at the fast food restaurant in Lethbridge. The customer, who is 32 weeks pregnant, reportedly pulled over after drinking and then spitting out the liquid, CBC said.

She drove back to McDonald's and told one of the employees she wanted to speak to the supervisor, she told Lethbridge News Now. Since she did not swallow any of the fluid, Douglas was ultimately fine and given the all-clear by a doctor, she said.

She took a photo of it, and was also given documentation by Alison Mackisey, Lethbridge and area brand manager for McDonald's, that showed the solution contained citric acid, phosphoric acid, methyl-trimethyl-3, and 2-butoxyethanol.

She told the publication she was immediately anxious about the health of her unborn baby after ingesting the chemicals.

She immediately returned to the store and informed management about the problem and soon learned that the machine that made her drink had still been hooked up to cleaning equipment. "And she was a little mad that it was occurring again".

Liverpool boss Klopp stresses importance of Torino friendly
Seeking a move away from Liverpool has been hard , with Mignolet, as it stands, still being a Liverpool player for the start of the new season.

Buy Prince Harry’s Audi on Auto Trader
The Audi RS6 model, which the Duke was seen driving to Pippa Middelton's evening wedding reception with Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, is now listed at $93, 672.83 on Auto Trader after it was acquired by Derbyshire vehicle dealership Overton Prestige.

Trump could raise tariffs further on Chinese goods
Trump recently threatened to slap punitive tariffs on all Chinese imports, which accounted for more than $500 billion past year . Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to consider hiking the duties, which could be implemented as early as next month.

"She actually went around the corner to look at the latte machine as well and noticed that there was two hoses coming out of the machine and going into this chemical", said Douglas.

"What happened is that the machine was being cleaned as it is every morning", Brown said in the statement.

"It's actually quite rewarding to know that people are listening", Douglas said, "and that my voice can be heard, because i know this has happened before".

She spoke out about the incident as a warning to parents as she fears a child could have unwittingly ingested the substance. "We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder", said Brown in a statement. She adds, per Global News, "there needs to be more than just a slap on the wrist".

A health inspector has also investigated the restaurant.

Latest News