McDonald's is apologizing to a pregnant woman who says she took a sip of her morning latte and tasted cleaning fluid.
CBC reports Sara Douglas of Alberta, Canada was taking her son to a baseball tournament when she stopped at the fast food restaurant in Lethbridge. The customer, who is 32 weeks pregnant, reportedly pulled over after drinking and then spitting out the liquid, CBC said.
She drove back to McDonald's and told one of the employees she wanted to speak to the supervisor, she told Lethbridge News Now. Since she did not swallow any of the fluid, Douglas was ultimately fine and given the all-clear by a doctor, she said.
She took a photo of it, and was also given documentation by Alison Mackisey, Lethbridge and area brand manager for McDonald's, that showed the solution contained citric acid, phosphoric acid, methyl-trimethyl-3, and 2-butoxyethanol.
She told the publication she was immediately anxious about the health of her unborn baby after ingesting the chemicals.
She immediately returned to the store and informed management about the problem and soon learned that the machine that made her drink had still been hooked up to cleaning equipment. "And she was a little mad that it was occurring again".
Top China, US diplomats meet amid trade tensions
Neither country has identified the hackers and neither suggested the involvement of Russian Federation . Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi called the negotiating draft "the biggest highlight" of the meeting.
Turkey lira slumps to record lows over USA sanctions
Brunson, 50, is being tried on espionage and terror-related charges, which he and the USA government vehemently deny. Gulen, who has lived in self-imposed exile in the USA since 1999, has denied any role in the 2016 coup attempt.
OU No. 5 In Preseason Coaches Poll
None of the three are at home , as the Tigers open against the Huskies in Atlanta and then have road games at Georgia and Alabama. Four more SEC teams - Texas A&M, South Carolina , Florida and Kentucky- were among teams receiving votes in the preseason poll.
"She actually went around the corner to look at the latte machine as well and noticed that there was two hoses coming out of the machine and going into this chemical", said Douglas.
"What happened is that the machine was being cleaned as it is every morning", Brown said in the statement.
"It's actually quite rewarding to know that people are listening", Douglas said, "and that my voice can be heard, because i know this has happened before".
She spoke out about the incident as a warning to parents as she fears a child could have unwittingly ingested the substance. "We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder", said Brown in a statement. She adds, per Global News, "there needs to be more than just a slap on the wrist".
A health inspector has also investigated the restaurant.