Toll from eastern Afghan blast rises to 68

Toll from eastern Afghan blast rises to 68

Toll from eastern Afghan blast rises to 68

A minimum of 50 people died in a bomb explosion in Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province on Tuesday, TOLONews channel reported in Twitter quoting a deputy president of the provincial Council.

Stanikzai said locals had gathered to complain about a local police commander and the suicide bomber targeted them.

Officials have said violence is likely to intensify before parliamentary elections next month and a presidential election in April.

The spokesperson said that the third explosion took place in police district number three in the provincial capital of Jalalabad, wounding one civilian. The Taliban denied involvement.

No group has said it carried out the suicide bombing in the crowd of protesters in Nangarhar's Momand Dara district, but Islamic State militants are active in the province.

The biggest announcements from Apple's iPhone Xs event
The Moment Battery Photo Case for iPhone is the first of its kind to receive Apple's Made for iPhone stamp of approval. The exclusion of these older models also omits the 3.5mm headphone jack for once and all from the iPhone lineup.

Alan Wake is being adapted for TV
No word yet when or where you'll be able to catch the Alan Wake series, as the show is still being shopped around. Still, he hopes to "make it happen when the time is right", which publisher Microsoft has never felt it was .

Nintendo Switch Online finally has a concrete launch date
News editor Jason Schreier wrote a attractive obituary for Luigi when he was tragically slain during a Nintendo direct . Previously, playing online was free, but once Switch Online debuts, everyone will need to pay to play online.

In recent days, Taliban fighters killed almost 60 members of the security forces in a spate of attacks in the country's north, and threatened a provincial capital for the second time in as many months. The protest was held in Mohmand Dara district near Jalalabad-Torkham Highway.

In early September, at least 20 people, including two journalists came on the scene, had been killed in a double bombing claimed by the EI for the shi'a community of the capital.

In the northern province of Sar-e Pul, hundreds of armed men assembled to boost the city's defences as security forces fought to push the Taliban back from the city centre, said Zabihullah Amani, the provincial governor's spokesman.

Two air strikes in Baghlan province on Tuesday followed six the day before and American advisers were on the ground supporting Afghan troops, the spokesman added.

Also in Nangarhar, at least one person was killed and four others wounded in a series of additional bomb blasts near different schools, said Khogyani.

Latest News