Amnesty's Lynn Maalouf said Monday that "as the battle for control of Hodeida intensifies, both sides seem intent on eviscerating the laws of war and disregarding the protected status of even the most vulnerable civilians".
Three military officials told AFP that pro-government forces were "ordered" to stop their assault against the Iran-linked Huthi rebels until further notice, but would resume operations should the insurgents attack.
The Huthis, who seized Hodeida in a 2014 takeover that included the capital, on Tuesday accused the government of the attacks on the port via their Al-Massirah TV.
Asked by AFP, coalition spokesman Saudi Colonel Turki al-Maliki said he was going to check.
The destruction of the port of Hodeida, a vital lifeline for millions of starving civilians in Yemen, would "create a catastrophic situation", Antonio Guterres told French radio station France Inter.
But four other port employees told AFP on condition of anonymity that a rebel commander, along with three of his guards, had been killed in Monday's bombing.
The Saudi-led coalition has also come worldwide pressure to end the conflict following the killing of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi in his country s consulate in Istanbul on October 2.
Chelsea could be hit with two-year transfer ban by Federation Internationale de Football Association
No further information can be provided.' Meanwhile Chelsea will consider loan offers for Gary Cahill, 32. Investigations with relation to the same are ongoing and a decision could be taken soon.
Rory McIlroy may quit European Tour membership in 2019
McIlroy has played at least 12 European Tour events (including majors and WGCs) every year since 2008. It's just a matter of doing it when I need to do it most".
Marko Arnautovic transfer: Chelsea want West Ham striker
Asked if it was possible Arnautovic could leave soon, his brother added: "That's possible". He should play for the worldwide spots. "Marko feels extremely comfortable at West Ham".
During the past few days, the government forces made significant progress in Hodeidah despite a large number of landmines and booby-trapped buildings, in addition to professional Houthi snipers who took positions on buildings inside residential neighborhoods, according to local military sources.
Residents reported on Tuesday that the fighting had slowed overnight, and rebel media did not report any new fighting.
In a Friday statement, Yemen's internationally recognized government based in the southern city of Aden said its forces are advancing toward the north and west of Hodeida and across all fronts with cover from the coalition.
"We are not hearing explosions like we have for the past two weeks".
World Food programme (WFP) executive director David Beasley arrived in Yemen on Sunday to assess food security in the impoverished Arab country that has been pushed to the brink of starvation by more than three years of war.
United Nations mediator Martin Griffiths - whose efforts to host negotiations in Geneva in September failed - met with Yemeni Foreign Minister Khaled al-Yamani in Riyadh on Monday for talks on reviving the peace process, Saudi Arabia s state news agency reported.
In a statement released by its embassy in Washington on Friday, Saudi Arabia said it had chose to request an end to United States aerial refuelling for its operations in Yemen because it could now handle it by itself.