The girl's parents took her to the emergency department of the Zhuji People's Hospital on May 28 after she complained of stomach aches and being constipated for five days, the Chinese news website The Paper reports.
It may surprise you to know that bubble tea has actually been around since the 80s, when it was created in Taiwan.
A teen's love for bubble tea drinks landed her in the hospital, but doctors were shocked to learn just how much she adored the popular beverage.
But a doctor who treated the girl believed she may have underestimated just how many servings of boba she consumed, saying her condition was so severe that she must've consumed more of the starchy tapioca balls than she relayed to her parents.
Google Assistant Comes to Waze
Recently, a safety feature on the app that was seen being tested would apparently alert the user if their taxi goes off-route. The aim behind launching this standalone Driving Mode is to replace the existing Android Auto App from the Vehicle's screens.
Did Donald Trump Inadvertently Reveal a Secret Mexico Deal?
The proposed tariffs would have increased 5% per month, maxing out at 25%, until Mexico brought the flow of illegal immigration to a stop.
Very large "dead zone" forecast for Gulf of Mexico
The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration released its forecast for the year's hypoxic zone on Monday. Heavy rains fueled end to-chronicle flooding along the Mississippi River for the length of the spring.
A CT scan revealed about 100 "unusual spherical shadows" which doctors realised were undigested tapioca pearls from bubble tea.
The girl was questioned about her bubble tea drinking habits following the discovery.
Doctors said tapioca starch can be hard to digest and bubble tea shops may put additives into the balls to improve their texture. However, the girl's stomach told another story.
The teen was prescribed a laxative to help with her issue, according to reports.